BlessUP Be Proactive Tuesday, business soul friends!
Fear and uncertainty can leave you feeling stressed, powerless, and paralyzed like a deer in the headlights. While there are things that remain outside of our control, we can still develop a proactive capacity to handle the extraordinary pressures of life. It all begins with being accountable in taking proactive steps so we can cope and respond confidently to uncertainty.
So how can we cope with uncertainty? Let’s take a moment to learn six simple strategies that can help us deal with uncertainties and be prepared for whatever the future brings.
“The world is an uncertain place. Things change fast, and it can be difficult to see what’s coming next. But with the right approach, you can make things easier for yourself, learn to be comfortable with uncertainty, and be prepared for whatever the future brings.”
- Face the fear. Don’t let the fear of discomfort hold you back from taking the right course of action. Use the 5-Second Rule to fight the urge to procrastinate.
- Focus on what you can control. Work on the things that you can do something about. When you focus on what is not within your control, you end up wasting your energy on factors that do not help you move forward.
- Mitigate risks by building contingencies. Plan ahead and set guardrails so you won’t fall victim to unexpected circumstances that are not within your control.
- Be agile and alert. Be adaptable to change by consistently educating yourself and developing new skills. Adapt a growth mindset to stay ahead of the game.
- Take care of yourself. Exercise and meditate. Our physical and mental well-being plays an important factor in our ability to handle difficult situations.
- Manage your expectations. Set boundaries and be clear in setting up expectations with others
Until I SEE YOU again,
We live in a world of relentless uncertainties and changes, but it doesn’t mean we have to live a life in constant worry. Learn to manage your stress proactively by taking action on things within your control and staying ahead of the game.