BlessUP Root Cause Analysis Thursday, business soul friends!
Challenges exist to play an integral part in our growth and success. However, problems that recur are an entirely different story.
When the same challenge arises, it teaches us that something was not done right the first time and we need to dig deeper to identify what is really causing the problem.
What did you miss? Did you fix just the symptom or fix a different challenge? How do you identify the real root cause and improve this time?
Many people deal with problems only by addressing their symptoms, therefore they apply symptomatic solutions.
How do we apply the root cause analysis?
Problem: The car won’t start
Data: The car cannot be used for traveling.
Causal Factors / Symptoms: Identify/Test
- Electrical issues – [YES/NO]
- Empty Fuel – [YES/NO]
- Discharged Battery – [YES/NO]
- Empty Fuel Tank – [YES/NO]
Root Cause: WHO is accountable to ensure that the fuel tank will never run out of fuel?
- The driver was not accountable enough to ensure the tank will never run out of fuel.
Kaizen/ Way to Improve
- Hold the driver accountable and help him realize a guardrail to ensure he will never miss checking the fuel tank and other maintenance needed for the car.
Until I SEE YOU again,
BATO all the way!